Saturday, April 14, 2012

Just the facts Ma'am... { Kaje }

11 Random Facts about me--which most of you probably already know about me but here we go:


1. I love to shave my legs, but often don't. Yep. No filter today people. The cold medicine is working it's magic.

2. I used to love the smell of gasoline and frozen strawberry ice cream. What a strange child.

3. When I was little I had two imaginary black parents--and so began my white angst at the ripe old  age of two and a half.

4. My favorite thing on TV is Jeopardy.

5. I can make my tongue look like a fat pickle.

6. When I was ten I decided that I wanted to be Canadian, and a marine biologist, which was a step up in the coolness factor from my old to-do list: waitress, bank teller, ballerina-fairy princess, and wait for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt--Gym teacher.

7.  A list of actual jobs I've had (chronologically): Babysitter, nanny, cookie sampler for Mrs. Fields, groundskeeper, hospital laundry worker, bookstore clerk, Bed & Breakfast housekeeper and front desk clerk, waitress (worst job of my life!) early morning janitor, art-history-science-english tutor, and photographer. 

8. Because of my sweet and very hip grandmother, I'm a fan of old time radio shows. Mostly the detective ones like Box 13, Dragnet, and Yours Truly Johnny Dollar. (If you know what they are you win five million points in my book!) Sometimes I wish I had be born in the 1940s, but then I would have to wait every week for a new episode instead of listening to 15 podcasts in a row!

9. I want to learn Hebrew. But I should probably learn Spanish first, huh?

10.  Cooking is so fun for me. Add a little o' this, a little o' that -- flavor profiles, fancy plating!  I guess because it's easy to adjust at the time, because you can taste it so quickly. But BAKING makes me panic. I have to measure things! Math and chemistry! Ahhhh!

11.  I have pudgy knees.



Questions Brianna Asked me:
1. Where are you at right now? I'm sitting on the couch in our little house that we're watching for only a few more weeks, on the beautiful, and very wet island of Kauai.

2. What is your favorite thing about your current job? I babysit a little 17 month old who is very sweet. My favorite thing is that she naps twice a day with no fuss!

3. Would you rather... Have free gas for the rest of your life or be exempt from speeding tickets for the next 5 years? Free gas! I've never been pulled over for speeding. Expired registration? Too many times to count. But NEVER speeding. 

4. What is your favorite joke? The only one that's coming to mind now is, "Did you hear about the two peanuts that were walking down the road? --One was a salted." Pahhhh!


5. How often have you checked your phone today? More than I can think. It's my watch, my on the go camera, personal GPS, calculator, fitness instructor, and my link to family and friends...I didn't have a phone for a long time. Now I think I'd be pretty handicapped without it. Which is a little sad.

6. Would you rather go on an African Safari or sail through French Polynesia? SAIL! African Safari sounds good for one afternoon... but I could sail for a month. 

7. Fitness class or at-home DVD? I've never been to a fitness class that didn't make me feel like I was a fat wimp. I LOVED doing dance when I was younger...but now I prefer throwing in the Yoga DVD or Turbo Jam.

8. What one political policy do you have a strong opinion about? What is that opinion? Ooooh! Only ONE?! Can I roll them all into one giant eco-agricultural-education-party-welfare reform in the gay rights arena? Okay, fine. I have strong opinions concerning just about anything. Some fights I don't have the answers to. But if I could do one thing today? (whew...and another thing tomorrow-man we'd be so productive!) this is just a silly thing:





9. What is one thing you would change about your wedding? If not married, what is one thing you will make sure to include in your wedding? So glad to say looking back I regret nothing. Seriously, not one thing. (Okay--I wish everyone who wanted to could have come to party!)--but... It was perfect. Perfect weather, perfect place, perfect friends and family to celebrate with, perfect dress, perfect photographer, perfect music, perfect food--all the celebrating was just perfect. And all the support from friends and family made it stress free for me! Plus, I married the perfect guy for me.--

UPDATE: Okay--that was a pansy answer. After thinking about it for awhile there was a scuffle about how many guests could be a whatever party, and who's coming and who isn't and who didn't get an invitation---that was a bit of a stress because I wanted anyone who wanted to be there--to BE there, and to know about it. So--what I guess happened was a "failure to communicate" --eh? Name it?


And I have no idea if I expressed enough gratitude for all of my incredible friends and family who helped me tirelessly--but I'm pretty sure I didn't. They are the BEST.

10. Favorite appetizer? Dessert? Whatever I'm eating at the time--just has some KILLER calamari last week. Oh baby. Dessert? Hmmm....Sticky Rice and Mangoes!

11. What is your dream job? I have my dream job--Inspiring kids to connect to their place in history through the arts.

NEW Questions 

1. What is your favorite compliment someone has paid you?
2.  What hobby / new skill would you like to try next?
3.  How did you meet your best friend?
4. What would you like to be said about you in your obituary? 
5. What is one of your favorite family traditions?
6. Name three things every person should learn how to do:
7. It's been said, "You are what you eat" so, what are you today?
8.  Tell me about a friend you admire: What qualities make them such a gem?
9. Where is your favorite place to go in your town?
10. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
11. What would you say to your 16 year old self?





THE RULES:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people

1 comment:

  1. Kj I adore you so much. If you are doing Yoga DVD's can I recommend one? (I highly recommend Hot Birkman Yoga with an instructor it hurts sooo good) but if Im at home I like this instructor and the work out its Patricia Moreno Cardio Yoga Burn.

    And I just miss you bunches

    ReplyDelete