Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Fer rills?"

Sometimes I look at my husband and think, "Is this real? Are we really married? Is this really our life? Am I really this lucky?"

Because....seriously.

*Pinch me!*


Yep. It's real.

Things I love about being married to this guy:

* Getting to wake up to those eyes every morning. 


* Laughing with him everyday. Silly faces, silly voices, funny movies, funny life moments. The best is when he makes me laugh so hard that I snort. Lately we've got this schtick about zombie squirrels that has me in stitches.

* Cooking up some iron chef-type dinner together. This usually happens after we've lost track of time talking about something (sports, politics, life plans/ combination of the three) and we look at each other with that, 'I'm hungry, are you hungry?' face. Then a race to the pantry! We've got: Rice, and canned salmon, and macadamia nuts....hmmmmm....

* Being in sync. Now before you start singing "Bye-bye-bye"--lemme 'splain. Often times we'll think of the same solution to a problem. This leads to lots of, "Hey! I was thinking of that too!" or "That's a great idea. What are you brilliant or something?"- several times a day.

* Living with someone who is so genuine and loving.


* Watching him work, and fix stuff and be especially resourceful. Shoot-dang, that's sexy.

How married life has changed me:

I think I've eaten more red meat, and cried more crazy girly emotional tears than I have in my whole life.  (Uh, suddenly I sob at stupid romantic trailers? What the?)

I've had to remind myself that while I'm an independent woman, and capable of accomplishing just about anything by myself--I'm also part of a team now. I get to rely on the support, insight and skill set of my other half--and that doesn't make me less powerful. 

I post more about this awesome man in my life--and I'm sorry if you're sick of it. It's Team Flores now, and turns out I'm one heck of a cheerleader. 

 You should just thank your lucky stars I'm not posting pics of my strapping husband's hot butt in jeans like Pioneer Woman (scroll down) does...

Yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment